- “Illuminating Silence. The Practice of Chinese Zen” Editor John Crook, Watkins, London 2002 (originally “Catching a Feather on a Fan” 1991).
- “Chan comes West”, red. Rebecca Li, Dharma Drum Publications, New York 2002.
- “The Method of No method”, Chan Master Sheng Yen, Shambhala 2008.
- “The Practice of Silent Illumination (mo-chao)”, Master Sheng Yen. Master Sheng Yen. The teaching published in “Chan Magazine” can be found here.
- There are many articles and reports from these retreats to be found in issues of the
“New Chan Forum”.