How to apply for the retreat?
By sending an application form and making a deposit. The application form should be sent till June 24, 2022, by letter to the address:
ul. Promienna 12
05-540 Zalesie Gorne
or by e-mail to:
The deposit should be made by bank transfer till June 24, 2022 (the bank account details are given below). This books you a place at the retreat, provided there are still free places.
Retreat participation fee
Retreat participation fees are as follows:
- The 28 day participation fee is 1450 Euro, with a deposit of 750 Euro.
- The 21 day participation fee is 1200 Euro, with a deposit of 600 Euro.
- The 14 day participation fee is 900 Euro, with a deposit of 450 Euro.
- The 7 day participation fee is 500 Euro, with a deposit of 250 Euro.
After making the deposit by bank transfer, the balance payment should be made till July 1, 2022. If you have to resign from participation due to chance occurrences, all payments transferred to our bank account will be returned to you provided you notify us about your resignation till July 1, 2022.
The bank account for transfers is:
|account owner:||Zwiazek Buddystow Czan|
|bank address :||ul. Pulawska 15, 02-515 Warszawa|
|account no.:||PL 51 1020 1013 0000 0402 0336 9923|
|swift code:||BPKO PL PW|
Please bear in mind that all transfer costs should be borne by the payer.
You may be willing to donate some money to help the practitioners who would like to attend the retreat but are not able to afford this because of a difficult financial situation. The donations may be transferred to the bank account given above.
Rules of accepting participants
Preference in accepting participants will be given to people applying for 28 days, next for 21 days, then to those applying for 14 days and finally to those applying for 7 days. In case of people applying for the same number of days, priority will be given to those making an earlier deposit. Each person accepted to the retreat will be immediately informed about the acceptance. The list of participants and the reserve list will be ready by July 5, 2022. People from the reserve list will be accepted to the retreat in case of resignation of people from the main list of participants. The deposit will be returned in full to applicants who are not accepted to the retreat.
Participants accepted to the retreat should arrive in Dluzew on July 23, before 5 pm. The map with access routes to the retreat venue can be found here.
If you need help in getting to Dluzew and/or back, please mark the appropriate boxes on the application form.
If there is a considerable number of people needing assistance in getting to Dluzew and back, we will rent a bus (or minibus) which is going to leave downtown Warsaw on July 23, at about 4 pm. The trip back to Warsaw will take place at 10:30 am on August 20 – the bus is expected to arrive in downtown Warsaw at about 12 pm. The cost of the return trip will be 20 Euro (one way trip – 10 Euro), to be paid directly before the trip.
- Each day begins with wake-up at 4 am and ends at 10 pm. It includes a number of 45 minute periods of meditation, physical exercises, work periods, interviews with the teachers, and Dharma talks.
- The Dharma talks at the retreat will be given in Chinese and translated into English and Polish. All announcements will be made in English and Polish.
- Each retreat participant will get a work assignment from the organizers, e.g. cleaning the Chan hall, dining room, hallways, or toilets; washing dishes; working in the garden etc.
- The meals at the retreat will be vegetarian.
- Participants with financial difficulties may apply for a discount in the participation fee. The request can be enclosed to the application form.
- It is not necessary to take a sleeping bag, meditation mat or cushion. Bedding as well as mats and cushions will be available at the retreat venue. However, if you use a kneeling meditation bench you should bring it with you.